Saturday, April 7, 2007

Writers Write: The Challenge?

Well, apparently, I'm racing Erica and Annie this month. The idea is to beat each other's daily wordcounts and finish our novels first. Sounds good to me!

You see, I'm naturally drawn to competition. I respond well to a challenge. (Hence a two-year NaNoWriMo winning streak. Hey, I'm proud of it. I also snagged the highest wordcount in my very well-written NaNo region. ;) 73k for the win.) I've needed a good kick in the pants for quite awhile (my original I-want-this-finished date was March 31st...whoops!), and this is just the thing.

So wish me luck! I'm going in!

(And I WILL have more than 88 words tonight. I will!)

2 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

Holy crap, 73k in one month. I'm racing against the betting favorite! Ack! *g

Ann Aguirre said...

Wow, look at what we started. Welcome aboard, Miri. I didn't know it was a threeway now.

Race. I meant race. Geez, gutterminded broads...