Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Miri vs. Closet: Round One

Inspired by Robin's cleanliness crusade and the gentle promptings of a certain close relative, I've gone up against that most formiddable of foes: my closet. Mind, it had gotten bad enough to start annoying me, and that is a goal not easily accomplished by any disorganized space.

I wish I'd thought to take a "Before" picture, but in reality it probably would have broken the lense. Yes, it was that bad. I even forgot to take a picture after yesterday's beginning of the excavation, and now I can't get pictures to work on the blog. Suffice it to say that I've pulled two trash bags out of there already. This closet is maybe seven feet by eight feet by three feet. Maybe. Not a large closet. And yet somehow, even with two garbage bags worth of age-old junk gone, the remaining closet-fillers cover the entire floor of my bedroom.

I have to admit I'm kind of proud of my closet, though. Not very many closets can defy the laws of physics.

Well, I'm off to have another round with my unnatural closet. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Robin Brande said...

Oh, wow. You are brave. My desk is one thing, but the CLOSET?

Shudder.