Monday, January 22, 2007

It's a post about nothing.

So how do we know when it's over?

Yes, the obscure cartoon references only come out when I'm sick and bored.

Well, not too bored. I have a lot of lovely blogs to read (like all of these) and small chocolate chip muffins that come in pouches and get microwaved before being eaten. I'd make my own but it would take to long, and besides, we don't have a mix. (Oh yeah, really representing the last name here.) (No, that wasn't supposed to make sense, unless you happen to know me in real life.)

Alright, I have a confession to make. I, Miri Grace, am...

...a hopeless...

...and I do mean hopeless...

(...drama queen and...)













Mento addict.

You thought I was going to say something like "druggie" or "closet vampire," didn't you?

Yes, there are fourteen boxes of Mentos in the picture (no, really, there are. You can't see one of them - it's behind the others, holding them up.). That's my collection from October 15th (ish) through now.

I really am hopeless. I've been known to ride two miles to the nearest convenience store just to get my fix (though I much prefer Publix - they sell them in the boxes, whereas Flash Foods only has the rolls, which aren't nearly as nice for saving and have less candy anyway). Yes, there is a box each of both fruit flavored and (gasp) sugarfree tucked at the bottom of the pile, bought at the same time when the store didn't have the original (the fruit flavored were gone in two hours nonetheless. I think the sugarfree survived about a day). Blasphemous? Perhaps, but infinitely preferable to nothing at all.

And about the origami duck atop the pile...he's left over from a phase I went through a few months ago where I could not get to sleep without doing some origami first. And besides, he's all cute and flowery. Quack!

Well, lunchtime is approaching (as is What Not To Wear, my lunch show of choice when I'm home for the day). Thanks to the wonder of DVR I can pause it and let it build up forward-time for me to skip commercials while I fry up a double-decker cheddar quesadilla.

Shoot, make that triple-decker. I have all the time in the world.

A postscript: Yes, I did do a little writing this morning. About fifty words, if memory serves.

No comments: