Sunday, June 10, 2007

This Would Be Review #2

...but the second book I read was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, so I think everyone who might read this is pretty familiar with it.

So I'll make this my final wrap-up/summary post instead.

48-hour period: 7 A.M. Friday to 7 A.M. Sunday
Hours spent reading/reviewing: Approximately 18
Books read: 2
Pages read: 1134

All in all, not groundbreaking, but not too shabby, either.

Good luck to those of you who are still going, and a tip of the hat to Mother Reader for arranging everything. This was fun.

Well, actually, it was more than fun. It was a kick in the pants for reading the likes of which I haven't seen in a long time. Most of the timed challenges I do are for writing - NaNoWriMo and the minichallenges involved in that, like 10-minute Word Wars and 10k Black Friday - but I think it's so, so important to remember to read other people's work once in awhile, keep the image of good storytelling fresh in your mind.

An afterthought, some hours later: Is it fair of me to be thoroughly embarrassed by what was apparently a lackluster performance? Oi. To all the 2k- and 3k-pagers, I salute you. Seriously.

2 comments:

Ink Johnson said...

Hey, anytime you read two books and get 1000+ pages, you have to be doing something right. :)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You beat me! I guess I'm still in kindergarten. LOL