Saturday, August 4, 2007

Not Quite as Much Sludge

Thanks to several hours of reading from The New Writer's Handbook and pondering the conflicts of my story, my enthusiasm for the project has been rekindled and I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going. No word yet on whether I can actually pull a couple of the things off, but it's looking better. That's the good part.

The bad part is that I can think of four five scenes that I can keep. Mostly. But as two of those are my favorite scenes in the whole book (that should have been a sign) I don't mind too much.

And one of my favorite characters (who, really, was never all that important - I just liked him and wanted him to be - rookie mistake!) is getting the boot. Poor guy'll be lucky to get a cameo now. But that's as it should be.

I'm going in. (My outline is taking place in Excel this time around. Sticky notes are too easy to lose.)

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Ink Johnson said...

Luck, Miri, and lots of it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa- five scenes out of 63k? Daaang. Even more luck!

Think how much it's going to help your writerly confidence to have finished a long project!

Erica Ridley said...

My enthusiasm for the project has been rekindled

Yay to this!

Much luck, of course. Thinking of you!! =)